قابلیت های جدید VMware vSphere 6.5
در آخرین جلسه VMworld 2015 که توسط William Lam از شرکت Vmware برگزار شد، در جلسه INF4528 – vCenter Server Appliance VCSA Best Practices & Tips Tricks دارای نکته های جالبی در خصوص ارائه VMware vSphere 6.5 بود که احتمالا اواخر سال میلادی ریلیز نهایی خواهد شد. در ادامه برخی از این قابلیت ها ذکر شده.
The session gives some really good tips on:
- Architecture and deployments – in multisite/high-availabiltity environments
- Installation (via GUI and scripted)
- Best practices (DNS… DNS… ) – avoiding errors by having DNS which just works (the right way)
- VCSA Upgrades and configuration – via cli, via GUI, tweaks and tips
- VSSA PSC UI (New in upcoming VCSA 6.0 U1), in HTML 5 please… -:) This is UI only for the PSC
- Return of the VAMI (yes the one we reach via <ip_of_vcsa>:5480
- Dynamic Memory resize support – if change the vRAM of the apliance, all the services will re-configure automatically during the boot… No need for manual JVM tweaks
- Increase disk capacity simplified – (also in the 6.0 U1) – each partition now have its own vmdk so easier to expand for example the space of this individual disk file. Also it’s possible to place the vmdk with DB to an SSD and the rest on spinning media.
- URL based patching – point to url at VMware.com and patch (the possibility to patch via ISO is also there, as previously)
- Possibilty to findout which config has been used for a VCSA install – there is a /etc/vmware/install-defaults
- Native syslog support – possibiltiy to send to syslog server, or Loginsight
- VIMTOP – a tool like ESXTOP, but destined for VCSA.. Nice..-:)
- Migration from vCenter server 5.5/6.0 to VCSA 6.0 – “tech preview” feature, and there is also a Fling.